Waste Management Programs
Garbage Collection Schedule
Please note that our 2013 Garbage Collection Map can be found by clicking here.
Recycling will take place every second week on your scheduled garbage route. A detailed brochure explaining our policies can be found by clicking here (please exclude the 2012 schedule).
Please note that our 2013 schedule can be found by clicking here.
Bulk Garbage and Metal Drop-Off
Please Note: There will be no curbside Bulk Garbage pick-up this year.
The Town of Portugal Cove - St. Philip’s will be providing a bulk garbage drop-off service for residents between Monday, May 27 and Friday, June 7. Public Works Staff will be on site to assist in unloading materials. If you are unable to bring in your materials please contact Chris Neary at 895-8000 ext 228 or email@example.com
Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Portugal Cove - St. Philip’s Town Depot on Rainbow Gully Road and
Portugal Cove – St. Philip’s Volunteer Fire Dept. on Portugal Cove Rd
· All loose material must be bundled (not to exceed 50 lbs).
· Bundles are not to exceed four feet in length.
· Propane tanks must be completely emptied.
· The town recycles all metals. There will be a separate bin for all metals.
· Building/renovation materials (windows, drywall, fencing, etc).
concrete, and landscaping material WILL NOT be accepted.
· It is unlawful to place oil, oil products, gasoline or diesel fuel for
household garbage or bulk garbage collection. These items must be
brought to the Hazardous Waste Station at Robin Hood Bay.
· All items not dropped off during the two week period, can be taken to
the Regional Waste Facility at Robin Hood Bay, free of charge.